Hunterdon County, New Jersey attorney seeks a part-time administrative assistant with reception duties to work Monday through Friday, 10 am. to 3 p.m. with a ½ hour lunch break. An ideal candidate will be a friendly, team-player who can provide proactive, quality assistance in support of the firm’s organization, record keeping, projects, and communications. The position’s main responsibilities will be answering the phone, assisting with regular and electronic mail, updating the firm’s contacts and calendar, document management, scheduling, and general assistance to the two firm owners.
- Demonstrated skill and experience relevant to position.
- Ability to multi- task such as preparing a mailing while also handling interruptions such as answering phones and timely response to emails.
- Comfortable being an integral team member on legal and professional matters that demand timeliness and accuracy.
- Strong time management and organizational skills, interpersonal skills, professional phone etiquette, and reliable, proactive follow-through.
- A valid New Jersey driver’s license with ability to occasionally pick up orders and hand deliver applications and documents to local government and professional offices.
- Strong computing skills working with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, scanning, and Google.Once hired, employee will be trained in internet phone, cloud-based data management, filing systems, and mailings.
- Attention to detail in written work including spelling, grammar, and formatting.
- Flexible team player who takes pride in supporting legal professionals.
- Willing and able to attend to physical tasks such as carrying full file boxes, picking up packages, watering plants, and driving.
We provide hourly compensation commensurate with experience.
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter, salary requirements, and a minimum of three references familiar with your work. Candidates who address the following in their cover letter will be given preference: 1) Why you are pursuing this job; 2) Why you want to work for a Hunterdon County attorney; and 3) How you possess the personal and technical qualifications stated herein. Applications should be submitted to [email protected]. No phone calls, please.