Legal Secretary (PART TIME) Hunterdon County, New Jersey attorney seeks a part-time legal secretary to work 20 to 24 hours per week. Position combines legal administration and secretarial support on client matters. An ideal candidate will be a friendly, team-player who can provide proactive, quality assistance in support of the attorney’s legal work, projects, and marketing objectives. Must be able to confidently plan and complete tasks well in advance of critical deadlines and shift priorities for emergencies. Strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to proofread, and the ability to manage calls and inquiries with professional, detailed, and accurate use of contact and calendar management is essential. The work involves responding to daily support requests in furtherance of attorney work, diarying accurate records, drafting and proofing correspondence and applications, certified mailings, preparation of exhibits with attention to detail, finalizing legal documents based upon attorney edits, managing hearing and litigation dockets, file management including archiving, coordinating meetings and reminders, client intake, invoice support, and supporting thoughtful management of client expectations and experience. Office is in Raritan Township (Flemington area), Hunterdon County, New Jersey with infrequent work offsite.
The appropriate candidate must be strong in the following areas:
- People person comfortable working with diverse clients.
- Demonstrated skill and experience relevant to position.
- Strong computing skills including an ability to maintain detailed electronic files, work in all MS Office applications, manage Zoom videoconferencing, and manage .pdf files including using Adobe Acrobat.
- Juggling longer-term tasks such as preparing a mailing despite short-term interruptions such as answering phones and timely response to emails.
- Managing calendar and deadlines.
- New Jersey driver’s license with ability to occasionally hand deliver applications and documents to local government and professional offices.
- Strong writing skills with attention to spelling, grammar, and formatting.
- Comfortable being an integral team member on legal and professional matters that demand timeliness and accuracy.
We provide a salary commensurate with experience.
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter, salary requirements, and a minimum of three references familiar with your work. Candidates who address the following in their cover letter will be given preference: 1) Why you are pursuing this career; 2) Why you want to work for a Hunterdon County attorney; and 3) How you possess the personal and professional qualifications stated herein. Applications should be submitted to [email protected]. No phone calls please.