Hunterdon County, New Jersey attorney seeks a full-time administrative assistant. An ideal candidate will be a friendly, team-player who can provide proactive, quality assistance in support of the attorney’s legal work, projects, and marketing objectives. Must be able to confidently plan and complete tasks well in advance of critical deadlines and shift priorities for emergencies. Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to manage calls and inquiries with professional, detailed, and accurate use of contact and calendar management is essential. The work involves responding to daily support requests in furtherance of attorney work, diarying accurate records, drafting and proofing correspondence and basic documents, certified mailings, preparation of exhibits with attention to detail, finalizing legal documents based upon attorney edits, file management including archiving, coordinating meetings and reminders, and supporting thoughtful management of client expectations and experience. Primary office is in central Hunterdon County with occasional work at remote locations and the ability to work from home during temporary office closings such as for weather emergencies or the pandemic is required.
- Demonstrated skill and experience relevant to position.
- Strong computing skills including an ability to use advanced document formatting tools, maintain detailed electronic files, work in all MS Office applications, manage Zoom videoconferencing, and manage .pdf files including using Adobe Acrobat. Comfort with Apple and PC computing, with ability to work across platforms. Ability to quickly learn new technology tools as required for various projects, including law firm management and billing software.
- Ability to juggle longer-term tasks such as preparing a mailing despite short-term interruptions such as answering phones and timely response to emails.
- New Jersey driver’s license with ability to occasionally hand deliver applications and documents to local government and professional offices.
- Comfortable being an integral team member on legal and professional matters that seriously demand timeliness and accuracy.
We provide a salary commensurate with experience.
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter, salary requirements, and a minimum of three references familiar with your work. Candidates who address the following in their cover letter will be given preference: 1) Why you are pursuing this career; 2) Why you want to work for a Hunterdon County attorney; and 3) How you possess the personal and professional qualifications stated herein. Applications should be submitted to [email protected]. No phone calls please